Monday, May 27, 2013

Filipino Traditions

The Filipinos in the Bay Area preserve relevance of their traditions, here are some traditional Filipino clothes:

Wedding Traditions veil and cord 





Money Dance




Filipino Barong(sp)




Butterfly Shoulder Dress





Also, When we were doing online research for Filipino traditions, we came upon this very interesting story from a filipino blogger:

“Jun, don’t forget the rice and salt,” my mom hurriedly said before our goodbyes. “Yes, of course. We’re taking a dozen eggs from the girls along with the rice and salt to the house tonight.” I said. My family rented and moved three times before we could afford a house that we called our own. Filipinos say taking rice and salt to a new home brings prosperity. For me, it isn’t superstition. It is a tradition, a reminder of who I am and where I am from

More from this blog can be found here : http://blog.junbelen.com/2012/11/07/rice-and-salt/

No comments:

Post a Comment